A FreemanGroup trainer works with managers and supervisors to design a Sequence of Service for designated positions, utilizing custom standards of performance. We assist managers and supervisors in the preparing of session plans to train the staff in a designated sequence. Through hands-on training sessions, employees learn the basic minimum knowledge required to serve guests.
- Design a work cycle for designated positions.
- Incorporate basic hospitality standards into an employee’s daily routine.
- Achieve and maintain a higher standard of performance from both new and existing employees.
- Maximize the retention level of your staff with effective training techniques.
- Ensure that all staff members within the property achieve guest expectations.
- Maintain standards through reinforcement and corrective coaching.
- Agree on a follow-up action plan with managers and supervisors at each department to reinforce the Standard of the Week program, and, most importantly, to coach the learned standards.
- Identify the sequential tasks each position needs to serve the guest.
- Revisit the Standards of Performance (SOP) manuals and evaluate all procedures and standards for each task in sequence and determine their applicability.
- Incorporate hospitality standards and proper phrases into sequential tasks.
- Prepare session plans for each agreed upon Sequence of Service to ensure consistency in communicating information to staff.
- Practice the sequence on the job.
- Determine training dates and times so that all employees are trained by shift daily. Allow adequate time for daily training.
- Allocate trainers to each group of employees to be trained.
- Identify training locations and any materials required for sessions.
- Implementation of the designed sequence on the job. The FreemanGroup Trainer will conduct a four-hour training seminar for every five staff members, divided by position.
Phase 4 – Corrective Coaching: The FreemanGroup trainer will:
- Visit each shift periodically and check on progress.
- Observe the managers/supervisors coaching staff members on tasks trained.
- Give feedback to managers/supervisors regarding coaching process.
- Observe employees performing tasks, offer reinforcement on performance which meets the standard; if performance is below standard, address issues with managers/supervisors and follow up as needed.
- Ensure all employees have been trained and coached to your requirements.
- Communicating Effectively
- Decision Making
- Developmental Conversations
- Influencing Others
- Workplace Change
- Managing Conflict
- Management 101
- Multigenerational Workforce
- Meeting Facilitation
- Performance Discussions
- Presenting Professionally
- Respectful Workplace
- Team Dynamics
- Emotionally Intelligent Leader